Searching for?

22 February 2019

UG Exchange Day and Skills Training, 1 February

Hello Guides!

On 1 February, we had UG Exchange Day as well as skills training! While the Year 2s were absent due to the former, the Year 3s participated in a pioneering activity.

Pioneering
The structure that was to be built was a mini gateway. The Year 3s all had to work together to build the gateway due to the complexity of it, and were supposed to be allowed to cross the gateway afterwards. However, due to the potential danger, they were unable to go on top of the gateway.

Reflection by Year 3s:
On Friday, we built a mini gateway for creative pioneering. In my opinion it was a rather tiring but meaningful and satisfying process. Through this activity, I felt that I need to work on my communication with people outside of my patrol, and that I should step up more. In addition, I think I should have clarified my doubts when building the structure and take more initiative in tying the lashes. This way I could help build the structure more quickly and enable the whole process to be smoother and more efficient. However, I felt that my lashes could be tied tighter so that we don't have to waste time 重抽-ing. Also, my sense of urgency could have been better and I could have 报时 more often especially when I'm not trying any lashes. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with the structure and I hope I could improve in the next 集合.

On Friday, we had pioneering with our 51届 guides. We built a mini gateway and we were given instructions step by step at time intervals. We then split ourselves into two groups quickly so we could begin building the main frames. The first team consisted of P1-3 and P4-6 was the second group. However this resulted in us working at different paces and poor communication between the two groups so one part of the gateway was higher than the other. We could have worked faster as we worked more slowly towards the start, resulting in us having to rush our lashes to try to complete the structure. If we had started with a greater sense of urgency, this could have been prevented. Although we did not complete our structure in time, I am still proud of our batch for trying our best and cheering to keep our morale high. We also could have split our manpower more efficiently to reduce the time needed to move the logistics needed back and forth. For example, we should have allocated more people to carry the 木 and a few others to go carry the 麻绳 and helmets. As we were unclear of whether anyone had gone to take certain items, some of us went again, although it was not needed, resulting in inefficient use of time we had to retrieve logistics. I think our batch can improve on working quickly and efficiently to complete tasks within the time limit given and communicating amongst the entire batch.

Hope that the Year 2s learnt something new and that the Year 3s gained more experience from this 集合!

Published by:
Hoong Yu Ning

50th Batch Secretary

No comments: