Searching for?

20 September 2015

Initiatives, 18 September 2015


Hello Guides!! (:

For this week’s final 集合 before we step down for the End Of Year Examinations, we had initiatives! P1, P2 and P3 did watercolour cards and a quote holder. Meanwhile P4, P5 and P6 made a personalised drawstring bag! The following are the steps to complete the respective initiatives!

Watercolour Cards:
 







Quote Holder:






Thoughts from a Year 1…
The initiatives were interesting because I could try craftwork I didn't do before, giving me an opportunity to try out new things. The initiatives also allowed bonding time for our patrol where we talk about random stuff. However, some of us got bored when we ran out of things to talk about and hope there were PT instead. :p Although my product didn't turn out well because I accidentally messed it up, I still enjoy the time spent during the process of making and having a chat with my patrol members. I hope to try other craftwork in the future too!  

Thoughts from a Year 2…
I was very proud of the water-colour art as I felt that it was done very nicely and I did not have a flair for art. As for the photo holder, since we did it as a patrol, we were assigned different jobs. I was in charge of pasting the eyes. I had some problems with it as I had big fingers and could not pick the eyes up. However, after a while, I got the hang of it and did it well. Overall, I really enjoyed myself and had a lot of fun bonding with my patrol mates.

 
Thoughts from a Year 3…
I painted my watercolour card in a purple-pink gradient and along with my favourite quote written in modern calligraphy style, it turns out really pretty! The watercolour quote card can serve as an encouragement during stressful periods :)  In addition, we made a cute and useful quote holder in the shape of a tortoise. Overall, this initiative gave me an opportunity to do craftwork which I may not have the time to do it on my own and I enjoyed it.
 
Quote Holder:




 



Thoughts from a Year 1…
My end product was donned with my favourite stuff toy ever, Beazily, which is actually a replica of Winnie the Pooh. This design is extremely special for me as I have had this stuff toy since I was 6 years old. :) On the other side of the my product was my Chinese name '', written like Chinese calligraphy.  Even if my product was not perfect and had a few slip-ups, I quite like it as it is very unique :) So all-in-all, I liked this 集合 quite time much as it was very relaxing and gave us to interact with our patrol mates and also guides from other patrols once we were done with our product. :>

Thoughts from a Year 2…
When we were given the pouches, most of us were at a loss as to how to design our pouches. We discussed possible designs and watched what the others did. Eventually we got down to designing our pouches , with pouches ranging from simple gradients to elaborate patterns. During this activity, we talked a lot with our other patrol members and bonded through this activity. I feel that initiatives are a fun way to bond as they provide variety in the ways we bond with our patrol mates unlike the typical skills training where we barely have time to chat and get to know each other better. 

Thoughts from a Year 3…
For Friday’s activity, we painted a drawstring pouch. We had a lot of time for time and I found it very useful as we can use the pouch in the future. It was very fun and we bonded a lot as a patrol. After which, we had patrol corner. Our patrol played hide- and- seek, where the y1s had to find and catch the y2s and y3s. We had a whale of time. 
Because we had some time left after initiatives, the patrols had half an hour to themselves. Some played games while others had a patrol corner! We hope that everyone enjoyed themselves and learnt something new through this initiatives! All the best to all guides taking their exams soon!! 加油!

Cheers,
Michelle
47th Batch Secretary

 

No comments: